Offline Applications are invited from the interested candidates who want to join in the B.Sc. Optometry Course, candidates intending to undergo 3 (Three) years degree in B.Sc Optometry course at Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, (RIO) Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati under Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences (SSUHS) for the session 2021.
The Application Form will be available to the candidates in the official websile of this Directorate www.dmeassam.gov.in from 31st May, 2022. Candidates have to download the Application Form, fill up with black ink pen, sign and submit the application in sealed envelope specifying the course with the Information as mentioned below and documents, which must reach the office of the Director of Medical Education, Assam, Sixmile, Khanapara, Guwahati-22 (DropBox) 2nd Floor Room No. 5 on or before 7th June, 2022 Application by post shall not be considered
B.Sc Optometry Course Highlight
1. Duration: 3 years course and 1 year of Internship.
2. Language of Instruction will be English.
3. There will be intake of 6 (Six) seats per year (Reservation as per Govt. Rules).
4. Eligibility will be class 12 pass with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
5. Selection will be on merit basis as per Govt. Rules.
6. SSUHS will conduct the final examination at the end of the course.
7. B.Sc Degree in B.Sc Optometry will be awarded by SSUHS.
Following documents duly attested are to be submitted along with the application:
1. Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC).
2. Address proof.
3. Mark sheet & Pass certificate of HSLC/CBSE class (X) & HS (10+2) (Sc) examination.
4. Admit card or others documents in support of age proof.
5. A copy of recent passport size photograph.
6. Caste Certificate (if belong to SC/ST/OBC).
7. PwD (DIVYANG) certificate if applicable.
8. EWS certificate if applicable